Facebook continues to innovate, and this time do it in a format that promises a better user experience of the social network. Its Facebook Canvas, a type of full screen publication that combines graphics and text.
Canvas takes one month enabled only for some brands as advertising format. After the welcome, Facebook has decided to allow all pages can use Canvas to organic publications, without investing in advertising.
What is Facebook Canvas?
Canvas is a type of Facebook publication that is added to the existing ones (link, photo album, video …). Canvas is distinguished from rest of publications:
- It occupies the full screen.
- It is designed to enhance the experience of mobile users because it has a very low load time.
- Mix text and graphics.
- It offers an interactive experience: the user can scroll through the publication, zoom on images or even turn the phone to change the view.
The best thing is to see it in action to know what it is.
Do I have to pay to use Canvas on my page?
No. Canvas emerged as an advertising format, but you can also use it to your organizational publications.
What does Canvas bring me in fact?
Facebook Canvas allows you to be more creative in your publications and offer a richer experience to your followers without making them wait for a web page is loaded on your mobile.
However, it has two major lacking: it does not allow capturing leads as a landing page and does not work in fixed devices.
How do I create a publication with Canvas?
There are three ways to create a publication on Canvas:
- Through the Power Editor : The first time you create a Canvas do it from here. At that time the other two options are enabled.
- Through the publishing tools of your page.
- From the creator of posts on the page itself.
The easiest way is the last. On the page that you manage, click on the publications box and click to add a photo or video. A pop-up will open with several options, including create a Canvas.
Then choose a Canvas that already exists or create a new one by clicking on the + button.
With the creation panel of Canvas before you, it’s time to experiment with the different modules that offers.
- Header: photo that is positioned on top and remains fixed even if the user browse through the Canvas.
- Carousel: A set of images for which user can move. They may have the same or different link.
All items you add are displayed on the right side of the dialog box. If you are unsure of your design, you can share it with your teammates before uploading to your page. You can also save a half done Canvas and complete it later if you’re not sure.