LinkedIn is a platform that proposes a new relationship with the labor market, either when seeking work by users, or when companies need to attract talent to hire employees. However, many have LinkedIn profile and did not use it much, sometimes, it is because we do not understand or we don’t dedicate sufficient time to get the greatest benefits.
These tips help you to stand out in LinkedIn, the popular social network, created to interact with other users on a professional and work level.
- It is important that your resume is updated, and that the photos and descriptions you use, are a reflection of your personality and professionalism. To make your profile to be successful, you must keep it in constant motion.
- Use keywords for greater positioning in SEO (Search Engine Optimization), and shares the recommendations of all those colleagues who know you, and have had the opportunity to work with you.
- Remember that a full profile should have, as a minimum, two recommendations. Therefore, it can be requested from explicitly to the contacts that you think relevant, and provide your own recommendations to other users with whom you have worked.
- Do not forget to create a user URL to share on other channels and social networks. You could also display links to your other social networking accounts on your LinkedIn profile, as long as you consider that denote professionalism.
- To have more contacts of your labor sector, you can search through your email accounts. You should also select the companies in which you are interested in working, to begin following the persons who run them.
- Create and participate in groups that are of interest to you, or belong to your professional industry, it can be a very good strategy. If you can not find a group that is your interest, you can easily create it on LinkedIn.
- It is very important that you do not produce spam, and do not dedicate yourself to share content that is solely based on your individual or company. Opts for publications that are of interest to other users within your same industry.